Saturday, January 8, 2011

REMEMBERING 2010

2011 has finally arrived. Another year has come, another one full of expectations and as much as we don't like it to happen, dissapointments are bound to happen to us sometime within the course of this year. So, here goes my year-end blogpost for 2010. But before that, let's have a little introduction on this year's zodiac sign. 




According to the Chinese Zodiac, the Year of 2011 is the Year of the Golden Rabbit, which begins on February 3, 2011 and ends on January 22, 2012.  The Rabbit is the fourth sign of the Chinese Zodiac, which consists of 12 animals signs.  The Rabbit is a lucky sign.  Rabbits are private individuals and a bit introverted.  People born in the Year of the Rabbit are reasonably friendly individuals who enjoy the company of a group of good friends.  They are good teachers, counselors and communicators, but also need their own space.



According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves.  It is a time for negotiation.  Don't try to force issues, because if you do you will ultimately fail.  To gain the greatest benefits from this time, focus on home, family, security, diplomacy, and your relationships with women and children. Make it a goal to create a safe, peaceful lifestyle, so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise.



Well, 2011 has just begun. I'm hoping that this year would be more productive compared to 2010. 2010 wasn't really my year. A lot of challenges have come my way and I admit that not all of them have already been surpassed. I'm not that whole-heartedly brave anyways. There are things that I'd rather leave untouched for fear that it might continue to haunt me for the remaining years of my life.  Unfortunately, I have lost a lot this past year. Some of them really close to my heart and some of those whom we can call as barricaded acquaintances. Nonetheless, despite the people and things that I've lost, I sure learned a lot from each and every one of those situations. With those things happening to me, I have come to know myself more.




My 2010 started fine, but when mid-year came, it slowly deteriorated and became a hell-hole for me. A special person in my life went AWOL for reasons I still cannot truly point my finger at up till now. That person may not know it, but I was serious with my intentions, so me being left turned out to be kind of a big deal for me. At one point, bitterness washed over me, and I did things I should really not be doing. Coping wasn't really an easy task for me. Then one day I realized that people are really meant to come into our lives and go after they have done whatever part that they have to accomplish. They're actually living to-do lists or walking memo-pads. They remind us of the things that we should be prioritizing first. It's one's departure that makes the whole learning process worthwhile. It opens gates for contemplation and reflection on how to prevent yourself from doing the same mistakes again. 




As the same time as that, I also figured out that you can't call your life a fulfilling one if you don't have God in your heart. I used to be scared all the time and often feared for my life, but ever since I answered God's knock on my door and opened my heart to Him, I learned to focus on the simple things that makes our stay in this Earth meaningful and memorable. We can't really tell when our time's gonna be, so it's better that we ready ourselves when that moment comes, and what better way to do that than pray for His guidance? Yes, I may not seem the kind to talk about faith and religion, but I am not ashamed to let people know that I believe in God and the power of prayer. Spirituality should also be treated as a basic need, for without it, I think we won't be able to keep our sanity when bad waves hit us. Remember that strength was once a coward clothed in rags.




Then, a few months after that, my grandmother passed away (God bless her soul). Now, I'm totally "grandparent-less" (if there's such a word as that). It's kinda sad and happy at the same time to see my mom, uncles and aunt brought together by my grandmom's passing. Happy, because after years of being separated from each other due to their jobs and preferred lifestyles, all of them were present during my grandmom's wake up to the day of her burial. Sad, because not only had they lost their mother, but they also lost the one special person whom my grandfather entrusted to them with all his heart and soul. Even when he was already suffering from his lung cancer, his main concern was always my grandmom. He would always ask if she'd already eaten, even when his body was already refusing to any food that was to be taken in to his body. But on the brighter side of things, at least my lola's in heaven now with lolo. Though it hurts us to see both of them go, that's just how life has to be. Their passing left us with so many memories and instilled us with values which no other living person can ever compare with. I miss them, a lot. But I know that someday, when my time comes, I'll be able to be with them again and it's just gonna be like before. Nothing will change. 




Also, I've lost friends along the way, and as like any other loss, it hurts. But what's important is I've learned to apologize and admit my mistakes. I realized that it's okay to lose them if you know in your heart that you have done your best to try to keep them in your life. Friend or foe, it's their decision, not mine.




And now, as 2011 starts off, a new chapter of my life will unfold... Hopefully, a better me will emerge from the ashes of 2010 and by the end of this year, I'd be better than ever. But for now, all I have to do is to try to do things my way without minding what other people might say about me, Yes, a good reputation sounds really great, but what good would a pleasant repuation be if you're just trying to be someone you're not?  So, LIVE AND LET LIVE, BRING IT ON 2011! \m/

2 comments:

  1. at last! na post na gyud hehehe
    1st blog nko for 2011: http://kazuya014.multiply.com/journal/item/206/Hello_2011_XD

    ----
    sakit jd nang naay mawala na someone important sa ato... ako gani it has been a year since he officially stopped talking to me... lol... but not solving anything is haunting me.. pero cge na lng

    kanang "friends" na come & go dili na sila friends... kay ang friends maskig unsa ka ka-yawa naa gihapon na sila sa imong tapad... of course noh dili ka nila i-tolerate sa imong kabuang... hehe naglagot na gani ko sa akong uban prens kay mga tiguang na [older than me and lester] wala gihapon katuon ug maturity, responsibility at higit sa lahat paninindigan.

    and i really hate it when magsalig sila kay friends mi... especially when it comes to academic responsibilities...

    ---
    anyway, condolence sa imo... at what age namatay imong grandmom? love jd kaayu sa imong lolo imong lola ba... hehe... like my lolo... hilak lng sya kalit...

    ---
    i-enjoy na lng natin ang 2011... at sana wala masyadong mabigat sa puso na happenings... i'm still hoping for my problem to be solved eh... ehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe.. wow haba ng comment ah..thanks sa feedback te kate :D haha. XD hmm...my grandma died at 82.. ok na rin, she had had a good life i guess. :) yeah, kaya nga..naicp ko nga lolo ko nung nagplurk ka bout ur lolo suddenly bursting into tears.. :( condolence rin pala sayo.. and yeah! we should really enjoy 2011..let go of the things that broke us.. :) and don't worry ui..soon, magkakaayos rin kayo :)

    ReplyDelete